Sun, 21 Aug|
Menopause Awareness CPD course IN STUDIO
Join Petra Coveney & Dr Claire Phipps for a one-day Menopause Awareness course that earns 6 CPD points. Click on this booking page if you want to join IN-STUDIO at the Down to Earth Yoga studio in TufnellPark, London. Click on the other booking page if you want to join ONLINE
Time & Location
21 Aug 2022, 10:00 BST – 22 Aug 2022, 17:00 BST
London, 225 & 225A, Brecknock Rd, London N19 5AA, UK
About The Event
USE THIS BOOKING LINK TO BOOK THE IN-STUDIO VERSION OF THIS SPECIAL ONE-DAY TRAINING COURSE.
If you want to join online via Zoom, please book using the Online page.
Calling all Yoga and fitness instructors. This is a rare opportunity to join both Petra Coveney - founder of Menopause Yoga - and Dr Claire Phipps (a GP specialising in the Menopause) live IN -PERSON for a one-day Menopause Awareness training course in north London, N7.
This unique one-day course in Menopause Awareness is accredited by both the british Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals in the UK and earns you 6-Continuing Professional Development points.
This 6-hour course (10am-5pm UK time) is hosted at the beautiful boutique DOWN TO EARTH LONDON STUDIO on 225 & 225A, Brecknock Rd, London N19 5AA, UK
Please arrive 15 minutes before ther start time to get settled and use the bathroom etc. The lunchbreak is 1pm-2pm. Lunch is not included but there are many delicious cafes 2-5 minutes away from the studio. bring a water bottle and cup if you'd like a hot drink. You may also bring your own lucnh and sit in the studio's courtyard.
This course will give you:
1. A factual understanding of the menopause from a medical perspective, including the biological causes of menopause, the symptoms, general solutions including Nutrition, Herbal remedies and Hormone Replacement Therapy. You will also benefit from being able ask Dr Claire Phipps questions, although she cannot give you individualised personal advice.
2. An awareness of how menopause symptoms may manifest in your classes.
3. How to adjust your studio space to ensure women feel welcome ans supported.
4. Language and the importance of breaking taboos by talking about the Menopause.
5. Modifications for common menopause symptoms
6. Some simple practical techniques including yoga poses, breathwork and meditation that can be applied in all health and welbeing classes. These are part of the Menopause Yoga toolkit of techniques that Petra developed when she created Menopause Yoga, launched in 2013.
You will receive a Printed workbook to fill in on the day.
Graduates receive a digital certificate in Menopause Awareness from Petra Coveney.
Please note: this event is also available to book live on Zoom but due to the confidentiality of women's discussions and personal yoga practice, this is not recorded.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is suitable for most teachers/ instructors as a training course. A knowledge of yoga is not required but is helpful as we will be practising some poses, breathing and meditation techniques. However, some of the rooms are not suitable for wheel chair access so please contact the studio with any queries.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTORS:
Petra Coveney is the creator of Menopause Yoga (2013) and has been teaching women in the menopause for over 10 years and training teachers since 2019. She has worked with Dr Louise Newson at the Newson Health Menopause & Wellbeing Centre and Dr Shahzadi Harper in Harley Street,London.
She is the author of the training guide 'Menopause Yoga - a Holistic Guide to Supporting Women in Their Menopause Journey ' (Singing Dragon Books) whioch includes a foreword by Dr Newson, and and created the world's first Menopause specific yoga practice, and teacher training course. This 40-Hour course is acredited by the BWY and YAP and is now run online in partnership with www.yogacampus.com.
Dr Claire Phipps is an experienced NHS GP working in north London and has trained with the Neson Health team to become a menopause specialist doctor. She also is co-host of a menopause podcast on UK Health Radio. Dr Claire has worked with Petra since 2021.
REFUND POLICY: Booking for this in studio event closes 2 days before the start date. There are no refunds in any circumstances after this date, however, you are elligible to receive the digital workbook and a recorded webinar.
- Ticket type
Menopause Awareness CPD
One day CPD course with Petra Coveney & Dr Claire PhippsPrice£95.00