Menopause Awareness 1-Day CPD at Whitespace Studio - July 9th
Time & Location
About The Event
THIS COURSE IS TAUGHT LIVE IN-PERSON AT WHITESPACE YOGA STUDIO IN MILTON KEYNES, ENGLAND. TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT THE STUDIO DIRECT:
Learn how the menopause can affect women in your yoga, pilates and fitness classes - and how you can modify practices and make women feel safe and welcome.
This one-day (6-hour) course can be taken for your personal or professional interest.
The course leader is Petra Coveney, founder of Menopause Yoga and author of the book 'Menopause Yoga- a Holistic Guide to Supporting Women on Their Menopause Journey.' She is a senior teacher and teacher trainer and has trained more than 300 yoga teachers in 15 countries around the world.
This 6-Hour course is recognised by the British Wheel of Yoga and you'll receive a certificate of atendance from Menopause Yoga. However it does not qualify you to teach Mernopause Yoga classes or workshops, which requires completionof a 40 hour accredited course.
The course is open to all qualified yoga teachers and it assumes an existing knowledge of anatomy and physiology. It provides professional CPD skills as well as being of personal benefit to teachers who are going through a stage of the menopause.
- The course includes general advice from the British Menopause Society on What is the menopause, When it happens and Why?
- It provides an historical overview of the menopause and menopause symptoms, the health risks of post menopause and factual information about Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Trainees are supported on this course by a Teachers' Assistant who answers your queries from start to the completion of the course.
- This is the only Menopause Awareness CPD course to be accredited by the British Wheel of Yoga 30 Hour Module.
On this course, you will learn:
- A unique combination of western medical science and eastern wellbeing.
- Perspectives from Western modern medical science and the wisdom of ancient eastern wellbeing
- What is the menopause, when it happens and why?
- History and Cultural context and the impact on women's experiences of the menopause.
- An overview of Nutrition, Natural remedies, Complementary Therapies to support homrone balance and long term health risks of post menopause.
- Menopause Yoga: You'll learn some of the key MY yoga asana, pranayama breathwork and meditation techniques to help allevaite groups of menopause symptoms (hot flushes and menopause rage, anxiety, overwhelm, insomnia and fatigue, lifting low mood and gaining strength and empowerment. There are also modifications for both preventing osteoporosis and working with osteopenia (weakened bones) which can affect 1:3 women in post menopause when their bone density depletes.
Graduates are also able to access FREE CPD sessions on different aspects of menopause health and wellbeing. This content is only available to course graduates.
The aim of this course is to Educate and Empower you as yoga teachers to Embrace the menopause as a positive opportunity for self insight and growth, and give you valuable skills that you can share with women in your workshops.
This is an in-person training course held at WhitespaceYoga Studio in Milton Keynes.
TO BOOK THIS COURSE PLEASE CONTACT WHITESPACE STUDIO BY EMAIL:
Course Cost is £145.00