Menopause Yoga Teacher Training - OCTOBER 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
PLEASE NOTE: This 40 hour teacher Training course is ONLY open to women yoga teachers who are in a stage of The Menopause. It is hosted at Dr Louise Newson's Menopause & Wellbeing Centre in Stratford Upon Avon, and includes a live talk by a menopause specialist doctor. Places are restricted to 10 teachers.
Women going through menopause benefit from attending yoga classes with other women who are on the menopause journey so that there is a shared experience and sense of community. This special intensive 4-day Teacher Training course is only open to women teachers who are in a stage of perimenopause, menopause or post menopause, and can be taken for both personal and professional benefits.
Menopause Yoga combines western medical science and eastern wellbeing so trainees will learn both about the biological causes of the menopause and the physical symptoms, as well as the eastern perspective from Indian Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Trainees will gain a deeper insight into what the menopause is, what causes the symptoms, how to manage these symptoms through yoga, meditation and breathwork, as well as journal writing; how to support health and wellbeing through nutrition, natural remedies, CBT and complimentary therapies.
On this course, you will learn:
- the 4x main MY yoga sequences for groups of symptoms (Hot flushes and Menorage/ Anxiety, Brian Fog and Fatigue/ Lethargy, Low Mood and Sluggish Digestion), as well as a specialist class to improve Sleep, and modifications for both preventing osteoporosis and working with osteopenia (weakened bones) which can affect 1:2 women in post menopause when their bone density to deplete.
- The course includes expert advice from a Menopause specialist GP from Newson Health. She will talk about symptoms, the health risks of post menopause and the truth about Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Trainees have access to a library of Guest Speaker video talks on Nutrition, Osteopathy, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Qigong, Journal writing, Women's Circles, pelvic floor health, restorative yoga,marketing your menopause Yoga classes, and many PDF handouts that are downloadable from the Menopause Yoga website.
- Graduates from the course can chose to join an international directory of qualified MY teachers hosted on the www.menopause-yoga.com website, opt in to join a Facebook group and WhatsApp chat group for your cohort.
The aim of this course, as with the others, is support you on your menopause journey - preparing those who have not yet started it - and to Educate and Empower you as yoga teachers to Embrace the menopause as a positove opportunity for self insight and growth.
This course is the only one to be accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals as a Further Teacher Training course and a British Wheel of Yoga Module for teachers earning CPD points.
- MY Teacher Training October 21£460£4600£0