Thu, 22 Feb|
Menopause Yoga teachers training course - February 2024
Learn how to teach Menopause Yoga in group workshops and classes with Petra Coveney - founder and creator on this unique 40- hour course accredited by both the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals. The course includes live sessions and recorded webinars with experts.
Time & Location
22 Feb 2024, 08:00 – 13:00 GMT
About The Event
This live online 40 hours teacher training course with Petra Coveney, is run in partnership with Yogacampus.com - the UK's leading yoga education charity. For more information visit their web page here. The 5x live sessions on Zoom are timed specially for teachers in the UK to Australia and New Zealand with UK start times 8am and ending at 1pm (GMT).
The cost of this course is £495.00 GBP if you book before January 1st, 2024 + a small admin fee for BWY certificate on request.
Join Petra Coveney, for her internationally accalimed 40 hour teacher training course and learn how to run Workshops and group classes to support women through the stages of perimenopause to post menopause. Petra is the pioneering founder of Menopause Yoga (launched in 2013), author of the book 'Menopause Yoga - a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey,' (Singing Dragon Books, 2021) and an international teacher trainer. She has trained more than 600+ teachers worldwide in 40+ countries.
- Menopause Yoga seeks to educate and empower you to help women to embrace menopause as an opportunity for self-growth. This live online training brings together the latest western medical science with eastern wellbeing practices, including yoga, breathwork, meditation, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Qi Gong and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The teacher training also touches upon nutrition, natural remedies and complementary therapies to help you support people with their main menopause symptoms.
- Petra's approach positively reframes the menopause as an opportunity to enhance women's health and wellbeing so that we can thrive in our post menopause Second Spring - a beautiful concept from ancient traditional Chinese medicine.
- Menopause Yoga unites eastern and western practices and philosophy under an umbrella of women's empowerment.
- This course trains you to become a gold standard Menopause Yoga teacher, sharing the skills and information necessary to teach group Menopause Yoga classes and support women positively with a knowledge of the medical science and eastern wellbeing practices.
- You may choose to take this course for your personal benefit as well as gaining a professional skills.
- You need to be a 200 hour qualified yoga teacher, because this is a further training course that presumnes knowledge of anatomy, yoga poses, basic breathing techniques and the insurance required to teach classes in your country of residence.
- The course is taught in English and students are required to have a good understanding of spoken English and the ability to read study materials in English.
- You need to attend 5x live online sessions with Petra and other trainees, these are never recorded for privacy and confidentiality in our conversations and practice. Please ensure that you are available for the live online dates listed, and that the UK times are suitable for you.
- You have access to a generous library of recorded webinars and video classes with Petra and leading menopause experts. These guest speakers include: menopause doctors, pelvic floor nurses, nutritionists, herbalists, ayurveda and TCM practitioners, psychologist and others.
- Trainees are required to buy Petra's book 'Menopause Yoga - a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey,' (Singing Dragon Books, 2021) and to print out a PDF Workbook that you will use during the course. This is an interactive workbook so you need to print.
- Attendance of the live sessions is part of your learning experience. These are NOT recorded so if you are unable to attend, this may impact your learning experience. It is not ossible to switch midway through the course to another course because this disrupts the group community).
- Teaching a 15 minute menopause yoga demonstration live online in the group, or via a recorded video.
- Submit a 3-Hour Workshop Plan
- Keep a 4 week private Journal of you own personal experiences while on the course.
- Submit a summary of learnings or highlights from your Journal to show self reflection.
- A summary of Advice to other women on How to Keep a Journal and the potential benefits during the menopause.
- ***(examples of all coursework will be provided during the course)
This gold standard course is double accredited by BOTH the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals. All graduate teachers receive a digital certificate from Menopause Yoga worth 40 CPD points. However, there is an extra admin fee if you wish to receive a certificate from the BWY.
Graduates also receive FREE listing in the Menopause Yoga Teachers Directory helping clients to find local teachers. And FREE ongoing networking opportunities, plus access to onlune resources for 12 months.
The online course is run in partnership with www.yogacampus.com one of the leading yoga training organisations. Yopgacampus.com may run discounts on courses at different times of the year. If you would prefer to book with them direct,please click HERE
- Ticket type
Menopause Yoga TT February '24Price£495.00