Mon, 20 May|
Menopause Yoga Teachers Training - LONDON, UK, May 2024
Join Petra Coveney, creator of Menopause Yoga, for a hybrid teachers training course which is taught 3 days in-person in London and 3 days live online. Accredited by both the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance professionals.
Time & Location
20 May 2024, 10:00 BST – 22 May 2024, 16:00 BST
London, 225 & 225A, Brecknock Rd, London N19 5AA, UK
About The Event
Join Petra Coveney, for a HYBRID version of her internationally acclaimed 40 hour teacher training course and learn how to run Workshops and group Classes to support women through the stages of perimenopause to post menopause. This HYBRID course includes 3 days LIVE online Zoom plus recorded content, PLUS 3 days in-person at a studio in London. Please check the dates below BEFORE you book.
Petra has curated this hybrid course specially for you to enhance your learning experience and reduce the cost of accommodation and travel for yoga teachers. It is Accredited by Menopause Yoga, the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals.The cost of this course is £525 GBP, including accreditation certificate from BWY and MY. It counts for 30 CPD points with the BWY and 40 CPD points with YAP.
This outstanding course includes recorded webinars, video classes and menopause expert guest speaker talks from the UK's leading menopause experts in medicine, nutrition, psychology, and complimetary therapies.
Online Live via Zoom: Friday Friday 3rd, 10th, 17th of May from 10am-4pm.
In person in London: Monday 20th,Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd of may from 10am-4pm.
Petra is the pioneering founder of Menopause Yoga (launched in 2013), author of the book 'Menopause Yoga - a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey,' (Singing Dragon Books, 2021) and an international teacher trainer. She has trained more than 700+ teachers worldwide in 40+ countries.
- Menopause Yoga seeks to educate and empower you to help women to embrace menopause as an opportunity for self-growth. This live online training brings together the latest western medical science with eastern wellbeing practices, including yoga, breathwork, meditation, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Qi Gong and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The teacher training also touches upon nutrition, natural remedies and complementary therapies to help you support people with their main menopause symptoms.
- Petra's approach positively reframes the menopause as an opportunity to enhance women's health and wellbeing so that we can thrive in our post menopause Second Spring - a beautiful concept from ancient traditional Chinese medicine.
- Menopause Yoga unites eastern and western practices and philosophy under an umbrella of women's empowerment.
- This course trains you to become a gold standard Menopause Yoga teacher, sharing the skills and information necessary to teach group Menopause Yoga classes and support women positively with a knowledge of the medical science and eastern wellbeing practices.
- You may choose to take this course for your personal benefit as well as gaining a professional skills.
- You need to be a 200 hour qualified yoga teacher, because this is a further training course that presumnes knowledge of anatomy, yoga poses, basic breathing techniques and the insurance required to teach classes in your country of residence.
- The course is taught in English and students are required to have a good understanding of spoken English and the ability to read study materials in English.
- You need to attend 3x live online sessions via ZOOM with Petra and other trainees, these are never recorded for privacy and confidentiality in our conversations and practice. Please ensure that you are available for the live online dates listed, and that the UK times are suitable for you.
- You have access to a generous library of recorded webinars and video classes with Petra and leading menopause experts. These guest speakers include: menopause doctors, pelvic floor nurses, nutritionists, herbalists, ayurveda and TCM practitioners, psychologist and others.
- Trainees are required to buy Petra's book 'Menopause Yoga - a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey,' (Singing Dragon Books, 2021) and to print out a PDF Workbook that you will use during the course. This is an interactive workbook so you need to print it.
- Accreditation requirements: Examples of all coursework will be provided during the course)
- Attendance of the live online and in-person sessions is part of your learning experience. These are NOT recorded so if you are unable to attend, this may impact your learning experience. It is not possible to switch midway through the course to another course because this disrupts the group community).
- Teaching a 15 minute menopause yoga demonstration live online in the group, or via a recorded video.
- Submit a 3-Hour Workshop Plan using the templates provided.
- Keep a 4 week private Journal of you own personal experiences while on the course and Submit a summary of of insights to show self reflection.
- A summary of Advice to other women on How to Keep a Journal and the potential benefits, using content from the Menopause Yoga book.
This gold standard course is double accredited by BOTH the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals. All graduate teachers receive a digital certificate from Menopause Yoga, plus a digital certificate from the BWY. Although YAP accredit this course as a professional further training 40 House CPD, they do not issue certificates.
Graduates also receive FREE listing in the Menopause Yoga Teachers Directory helping clients to find local teachers. And FREE ongoing networking opportunities, plus access to online resources for 12 months.
REFUND & TRANSFER POLICY:
You may request a refund (minus a £15 admin fee) up to 4 weeks before the start of the course on May 3rd 2024. After this, you may request a transfer to another course during 2024. Depending on availability, you may be offered a transfer to an online live course, or the chance to upgrade to a TT Retreat at an extra fee. Please check you can attend the dates required before booking.
- Ticket type
May MY TT Course London
Your ticket to attend the hybrid live online + in person Menopause yoga teachers training course in May 2024. Check the dates on the website.Price£525.00