Mon, 21 Aug|
Menopause Yoga TT Retreat in Sussex, August 21st-25th, 2023
Join Petra Coveney the creator of Menopause Yoga for a 5 day Retreat at Florence House, in East Sussex, UK. This is the 2nd TT Retreat in August, 2023 and single occupancy rooms.
Time & Location
21 Aug, 14:00 BST – 25 Aug, 14:00 BST
Seaford, Southdown Rd, Seaford BN25 4JS, UK
About The Event
Join Petra Coveney - founder of Menopause Yoga (2013) - for a 5-day summer retreat on the Sussex coast and countryside - and learn how to teach Menopause Yoga & Wellbeing workshops and classes.
This TT retreat is midweek from Monday August 21st to Friday August 25th - starting and ending at 2pm
The aim is to give you peak sunshine and to enjoy the nearby beaches and beautiful walks. It'll be a learning holiday in the company of awesome people!
This is a 40-hour fully accredited course by the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals and gives you the skills to teach group menopause workshops and classes.
This course is open to all qualified 200 Hour yoga teachers of any age who identify as women, trans or non-binary.
You do not have to be in a stage of the menopause to train to teach Menopause Yoga.
You will be staying at Florence House, a traditional country manor located at the top of Seaford head on the edge of the South Downs, East Sussex. It is just 5 minutes from the beach if you'd like to swim in the sea or stroll along the coast to watch the sunset.
The house is surrounded by lush landscapes and sea breezes. Florence House is described by many as a place of inspiration and calm, that reveals the potential of each guest through the healing energy of the space. The walled garden provides a peaceful place for meditation or inner reflection. And the retreat owners are committed to creating an environment that supports health and wellbeing.
You will have sole use of the whole house & grounds, garden yurt, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited teas, coffees and fruit.
Yoga Room & Yurt:
There is a dedicated room for practicing yoga in the house with views of the gardens - and there is a magical yurt!
Nestled at the bottom of the wild garden, the round Yurt provides a place for our women's circle discussions and meditation. We will gather there after breakfast in the mornings.
Meals are prepared by the in-house Chef in accordance to your requirements. All produce is locally sourced where possible, sometimes as local as the Florence House vegetable garden!
The retreat serves hearty and nutritious meals, which are vegetarian but they can also cater for special diets e.g. Vegan, gluten free etc. There is an extra £5.00 fee per meal for Vegan and other options.
The teacher training course is limited to max 18 - and this group may be smaller in size.
This is to ensure you have the best learning experience and have the opportunity to get to know each other.
Florence House can accommodate up to 18 people in single rooms, but you may choose to share a room with a friend - all the prices are the same. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are comfortable, clean and peaceful.
Course Fees and Retreat Costs:
The full cost of this all inclusive Menopause Yoga TT & Retreat is £1,250 GBP.
This fee includes:
- 5-days tuition with Petra Coveney in person who will be staying with you on the retreat.
- Access to an online educational website with pre-course study materials: recorded webinars, video classes, menopause expert guest speaker talks guiding you on HRT and medical approach plus wellbeing including nutrition, herbal remedies, Ayurveda and traditional chinese medicine.
- Accreditation certificates from both Menopause Yoga and the British Wheel of Yoga.
- Training Workbook for you to print out before you arrive.
- Accommodation: full room and board/ meals/ fruit snacks/ water and hot drinks, garden yurt.
- Sole use of the facilities by our group.
Post Course Benefits:
- Free listing on the Menopause-Yoga.com Teachers Directory so that women can find a local teachers.
- Free Membership of the Facebook group for Menopause Teachers.
- Free Continuing Professional Development (CPD) talks live online.
- Newsletters with news, events and discounts.
- Travel to and from the retreat venue.
- Coursebooks: 'Menopause Yoga- a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey.' & Dr Louise Newson's book on Menopause by Haynes or Dr Shahzadi Harper's book on The Perimenopause Solution.
- Extra props for the restorative yoga practice. For hygiene reasons you may choose to bring you own personal blanket, cushion, and eye bag.
- Additional charge of £5.00 per meal if you request vegan, wheat or gluten free diet. You can also request meat.
Total cost of course & retreat £1,250.00
To secure your place please use this booking page to pay a NON-refundable deposit of £250.00. You will be contacted by Petra to ask about room and dietary requirements and any injuries etc.,
After this, you can choose to either pay by instalments or in-full.
- A second instalment of £500 is due on MAY 6th, 2023. CLICK this link to pay 2nd instalment:
- A final instalment of £500 is due on JUNE 6th, 2023. CLICK this link to pay FINAL instalment:
As stated, the deposit is non refundable but the other instalments may be refunded up to before the Retreat start date. The Retreat TT starts on August 21st, so the last date to request a refund (minus the deposit) is June 6th, 2023. Refunds after this date are not possible due to the policy of the retreat owners of Florence House.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Menopause Sussex TT Retreat
This is your ticket for the £250 GBP non-refundable deposit you have paid to join the Menopause Yoga teachers training retreat at Florence House, Seaford, East Sussex.