Sun, 15 May|
Menopause Yoga workshop: Phoenix Rising - Hot Flushes & Heated Emotions
A 3 Hour online workshop on cooling Hot Flushes and soothing Menorage or heated emotions, led by Petra Coveney the founder of Menopause Yoga.
Time & Location
15 May 2022, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
About The Event
Perimenopause is the time when women start to experience hot flushes and heated emotions known as 'Menorage.' However, some women continue to experience these day time flushes or night sweats long into their post menopause.
In this 3 hour online workshop, Petra Coveney - founder of Menopause Yoga - explains:
1. What the biological causes of these erratic fluctuations in our body temperature and that heated emotion of iritability.
2. How to manage these hormone fluctuations with nutrition, natural remedies, HRT and complimentary therapies.
3. She guides you through a 90 minute Menopause Yoga class including cooling breath work and calming meditation practice and refreshing restorative poses to aide rest and renewal.
4. She reframes these menopause symptoms in the image of the Phoenix bird and invites you to view this heat as an opportunity for cleansing, releasing and letting go.
5. She guides you through the magical Phoneix bird visualisation as it rises from the ashes of the flames and is reborn in your Second Spring or post menopause.
Petra is a member of the British Menopause Society for health practitioners, a senior yoga teacher and trainer, author of the book 'Menopause Yoga - a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey,' and trains Menopause Yoga teachers worldwide.
This workshop is NOT recorded and the conversations we have in our women's circle discussions are strictly confidential.
This workshop is open to all women but is particularly beneficial to women who are in a stage of the menopause.
No prior yoga experience is required, but please be aware that we will be practising some seated and reclined yoga poses that require you to wear stretchy comfortable clothes.
You will need a yoga mat, some pillows or cushions, yoga blocks or books and it is optional to use an eye bag/ pillow and blanket if you feel cold!
Menopause workshop - May 15th
A 3 hour online workshop via Zoom titled Phoenix Rising - Hot Flushes and Heated Emotions.