Thu, 03 Dec|
NEW Menopause Yoga TT course - open to ALL yoga teachers.
A 40-Hour Teacher Training Course accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals & BWY designed for ALL qualified yoga teachers who want to support women going through menopause. This course is for qualified yoga teachers who are NOT in a stage of menopause.
Time & Location
03 Dec 2020, 10:00 GMT – 18 Dec 2020, 17:00 GMT
About The Event
NEW BLENDED LEARNING COURSE - for NON - menopausal teachers.
This course is specific course is designed for qualified yoga teachers who are NOT in a stage of Menopause.
(If you are a teacher who is going through peri to post menopause, you are advised to sign up for one of the other courses).
Thursday's December 3rd, 10th, 17th from 10am-5pm* + Teaching Assessment on Friday December 18th from 11am-4pm.
(*Full attendance of Live Stream section of course is required.) Coursework deadline is midnight on Saturday December 19th.
This 40 Hour Teacher Training course is the first in the world to focus specifically on menopause and is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals and the British Wheel of Yoga with CPD points. It is designed specifically for qualified yoga teachers who want to support women going through the stages of the menopause. It qualifies you to teach Menopause Yoga classes and workshops as a therapeutic style of yoga. You may also chose to incorporate some of the tools and techniques in your general yoga classes to ensure that menpausal women feel supported and safe by offering modifications.
This specialist course give you the tools and techniques to support other women using:
- Women's Circles
- Medical guidelines on Hormone Replacememt Therapy and health risks for women aged over 40+
- Menopause Yoga x3 sequences specially created to manage symptoms, such as hot flushes, night sweats, Menorage, Anxiety, Overwhelm, Brain Fog, Low Mood, Weight gain, Lethargy.
- Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine guidelines applied to Menopause Yoga.
- Osteoporosis awareness, pevention and yoga modifications to prevent injury.
- Journaling, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Positive Psychology.
- Nutrition, Natural remedies, Complimenetary Therapies for menopause.
- Mental Health Awareness.
This course requires participants to attend ALL of the live stream sections of the course; work online or in person with a teaching partner assigned on the course; study in your own time by reading coure texts, handouts and engaging with MY Online Course Content that includes:
- Guest Speaker talks, which have been specially recorded on vidoes for MY trainees;
- Online group discussions;
- Self reflection and Journal writing
- Self Practice of the 3x main Menopause Yoga Sequences
- Weekly Partner Practice online or in person with another assigned teacher. (wherever possible we seek to assign you with a partner living near you or your country/ timezone).
All teachers are required to participate in a live Teaching Assessment on Saturday December 19th. You will each teach a short Menopause Yoga sequence via Zoom to other MY trainees. Your teaching content and style will be observed, assessed and feedback given individually by email.
You are required to submit written coursework by the deadline of Saturday December 19th. Failure to submit coursework by this date will prevent you from graduating.
Certificates of Accreditation will be sent to you via post (BWY) or email (YAP) within 1 month of successful course completion.
Graduates can opt to join a Facebook group for qualified Menopause Yoga teachers across the world, and to receive MY newsletters with updates.
LEGAL NOTICE: this course does NOT qualify you to teach women one-to-one (this requires a Level 2 Menopause Therapy Course qualification) and you must not train other teachers. The name and content of this course are protected under Trademark and Copyright Law.
MY 40-Hour TT Course DEC
Menopause Yoga Teacher Training course accredited by YAP & BWY for ALL qualified yoga teachers.