Mon, 14 Aug|
Sussex Menopause Yoga TT & Retreat August 14-18th
FULLY BOOKED: Learn to support yourself and other women on this special Menopause Yoga Retreat which includes a teacher training course. (see details below).
Time & Location
14 Aug, 14:00 BST – 18 Aug, 14:00 BST
Seaford, Southdown Rd, Seaford BN25 4JS, UK
About The Event
This teachers training retreat is FULLY BOOKED with maximumn 18 trainees. If you would like to book on the 2nd TT Retreat on Augiust 21-25th at the same venue please click this link to the Deposit booking page.
Join Petra Coveney - founder of Menopause Yoga (2013) - for a 5-day 4 nights summer retreat on the Sussex coast and countryside - and learn how to teach Menopause Yoga & Wellbeing workshops and classes. The retreat is midweek in August to give you peak sunshine and to enjoy the nearby beaches and beautiful walks. It'll be a learning holiday!
This is a 40-hour fully accredited course by the British Wheel of Yoga and Yoga Alliance Professionals and gives you the skills to teach group menopause workshops and classes.
The course fees include the live in person training, acconmmodation and meals - as well as both online pre-study with access to recorded webinars, video classes, and expert guest speaker talks from menopause Dr Louise Newson, Dr Claire Phipps, nutritionist Emma Ellice Flint and many others.
I am delighted to announce that Kate Codrington - author of the book 'Second Spring,' will be the special guest speaker live at this retreat and will lead trainees through a Women's Circle and Nidra.
This course is open to all qualified 200 Hour yoga teachers who identify as women, trans or non-binary. You do not have to be in a stage of the menopause to train to teach Menopause Yoga.
You will be staying at Florence House, a traditional country manor located at the top of Seaford head on the edge of the South Downs, East Sussex. It is just 5 minutes from the beach if you'd like to swim in the sea or stroll along the coast to watch the sunset.
The house is surrounded by lush landscapes and sea breezes. Florence House is described by many as a place of inspiration and calm, that reveals the potential of each guest through the healing energy of the space. The walled garden provides a peaceful place for meditation or inner reflection. And the retreat owners are committed to creating an environment that supports health and wellbeing.
You will have sole use of the whole house & grounds, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited teas, coffees and fruit.
Yoga Room & Yurt:
There is a dedicated room for practicing yoga in the house with views of the gardens - and there is a magical yurt!
Nestled at the bottom of the wild garden, the round Yurt provides a place for our women's circle discussions and meditation. We will gather there after breakfast in the mornings.
Meals are prepared by the in-house Chef in accordance to your requirements. All produce is locally sourced where possible, sometimes as local as the Florence House vegetable garden!
The retreat serves hearty and nutritious meals, which are vegetarian but they can also cater for special diets e.g. Vegan, gluten free etc.
The teacher training course is limited to max 20 places to ensure you have the best learning experience and have the opportunity to get to know each other.
Florence House can accommodate up to 18 people in single rooms, but there are also twin and triple bed rooms, so you may choose to share a larger room with a friend. The room price is the same. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are comfortable, clean and you have the option to have a ground floor or upstairs rom. (photos are just samples of accommodation).
1st Floor/8 bedrooms: 4 twins (one with an ensuite), 1 triple, 2 double, 1 single and 3 bathrooms.
2nd Floor/5 bedrooms: 3 twins (one with a double), 1 triple, 1
single and 2 bathrooms Garden suites: 2 twin ensuite bedrooms, one with a double bed.
Course Fees and Retreat Costs:
The full cost of this all inclusive Menopause Yoga TT & Retreat is £1,250 GBP.
This fee includes:
- 5-days tuition with Petra Coveney in person who will be staying with you on the retreat.
- Access to an online educational website with pre-course study materials: recorded webinars, video classes, menopause expert guest speaker talks guiding you on HRT and medical approach plus wellbeing including nutrition, herbal remedies, Ayurveda and traditional chinese medicine.
- Accreditation certificates from both Meenopause Yoga and the British Wheel of Yoga.
- Training Workbook printed.
- Accommodation: full room and board/ meals/ fruit snacks/ water and hot drinks, garden yurt.
- Sole use of the facilities by our group.
Post Course Benefits:
- Free listing on the Menopause-Yoga.com Teachers Directory so that women can find a local teachers.
- Free Membership of the Facebook group for Menopause Teachers.
- Free Continuing Professional Development (CPD) talks.
- Newsletters with news, events and discounts.
- Travel to and from the retreat venue.
- Coursebooks: 'Menopause Yoga- a holistic guide to supporting women on their menopause journey.' & Dr Louise Newson's book on Menopause by Haynes or Penguin Books.
- Extra props for the restorative yoga practice. You may choose to bring you own personal blanket, cushion, and eye bag.
- Additional charge of £5.00 per meal if tyou request vegan, wheat or gluten free diet. You can also request meat.
Total cost of course & retreat £1,250.00
To secure your place please use this booking page to pay a NON-refundable deposit of £250.00. You will be contacted by Petra to ask about room and dietary requirements and any injuries etc.,
After this, you can pay by instalments.
A second instalment of £500 is due on March 1st, 2023.
A final instalment of £500 is due on May 1st, 2023.
As stated, the deposit is non refundable but the other instalments may be refunded up to two months before the Retreat start date. The Retreat TT starts on August 14th, so the last date to request a refund (minus the deposit) is June 13th, 2023. Refunds after this date are not possible due to the policy of the retreat owners of Florence House.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Email: email@example.com
Sussex Menopause TT Retreat
August 14-18th, 2023. This deposit is non refundable. Please read the terms and conditions