Wed, 30 Sept|
Weekly MY Class - Healthy Bones, Strong Bodies
Join other women in all stages of menopause who want to prevent and protect their bones again Osteoporosis (brittle bone disease) and maintain strong bodies.
Time & Location
30 Sept 2020, 13:00 – 14:30 BST
About The Event
1:2 women in post menopause are affected by osteoporosis - britle bone disease - which can be debilitating, painful and restrict mobility in later life. The causes of osteoporosis are varied and can include:
- Genetics (osteoporosis can run in the female side o the family);
- Nutrition (diets low in calcium and Vitamin D);
- Loss of Oestrogen (the loss of this hormone causes a leaching of calcium from bones);
- Hysterectomy & Premature Ovarian Insufficiency.
Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent the loss of calcium, but it is important to know when to take it.
Low Oestrogen also causes a loss of muscle mass, leading to physical weakness and less skeletal support for your bones.
Join this special class to learn yoga poses and exercises that:
- Boost your bone density
- Strengthen your muscles
- Protect against spinal fractures
And enjoy a restorative relaxation session that will leave you feeling naturally energised.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have osteoporosis, please consult your doctor before practising yoga.
Weekly MY Class - Healthy Bone
Specialist class for protecting bones and building body strength